About Spartan Sea Farms
A Maine Family Sea Farm
Leo and Ken Sparta of Freeport, Maine started a new venture in 2019. Currently, Spartan Sea Farms has oysters, scallops, quahogs, and kelp in the water. If you'd like more information, would like to tour the farm, or want to support us please contact us!
Seafood OfferedHard clams, Oysters, Scallops, Seaweed
Number of Fishermen Sourced From
Years in Business
What are the Local Catch core values?
The value statements outlined below aim to create a higher level of accountability and trust, both internally within the network and externally to the public, in order to advance the movement of Community Supported Fisheries (CSF) and like-minded community-based seafood operations.
- Community-Based Fisheries
- Fair Access
- Fair Price
- Eating with the Ecosystem
- Traceable and Simple Supply Chains
- Catch and Handle with Honor
- Community and Ecosystem Based Fisheries Management
- Honoring the Ocean
- Creativity and Collaboration