About Dean Kunihiro
We fish only with rod and reel, no nets or long lines, targeting sustainable local fisheries.
The fish we catch are iced and maintained to ensure the highest quality when we return to port.
Seafood Offered, Currently, the main species being targeted are California halibut and rock fish, including lingcod.
Number of Fishermen Sourced From
Years in Business
What are the Local Catch core values?
The value statements outlined below aim to create a higher level of accountability and trust, both internally within the network and externally to the public, in order to advance the movement of Community Supported Fisheries (CSF) and like-minded community-based seafood operations.
- Community-Based Fisheries
- Fair Access
- Fair Price
- Eating with the Ecosystem
- Traceable and Simple Supply Chains
- Catch and Handle with Honor
- Community and Ecosystem Based Fisheries Management
- Honoring the Ocean
- Creativity and Collaboration