We have outlined our own program core values that align with LCN.
Bellingham Dockside Market is guided by the following four CORE VALUES:
1. Gratitude to Indigenous Peoples
Participants of Bellingham Dockside Market recognize that the market takes place on traditional and ancestral land of the Lummi people.
Further, we recognize that seafood sold at the market is harvested from:
2. Connection with Fishing Families
Bellingham Dockside Market offers Whatcom County an opportunity to know not only where your seafood comes from, but also who is harvesting it.
3. Seafood & Fishing Education
Fishermen at Bellingham Dockside Market share their knowledge of the:
History, geography, economics, management, and methods of their fishery.
Biology and health benefits of their seafood and the preparation of their product.
Conservation concerns and initiatives of regions where they harvest.
4. Sustainability & Small Business Practices
Dockside Market Vendors agree that ALL:
- Fish is wild caught.
- Shellfish and any ocean harvest products are sustainably grown and harvested.
- Seafood is sold directly by commercial fishermen involved in the fishery as captain, crew, family operation, or permit holder. If fulfilling one of those roles listed, a vendor may also sell product directly from other commercial fishers who also practice and support these values.