About ANCIENT MARINER SEAFOODS
Ancient Mariner Seafoods specializes in hook and line salmon landed aboard the F/V Pegge in Southeast Alaska. The Pegge was built in 1912 as a halibut longliner and is now a power troller run by Owner/Operator Amanda Dunaway, who fishes solo with her faithful dog (and First Mate) Rez.
Number of Fishermen Sourced From
Years in Business
What are the Local Catch core values?
The value statements outlined below aim to create a higher level of accountability and trust, both internally within the network and externally to the public, in order to advance the movement of Community Supported Fisheries (CSF) and like-minded community-based seafood operations.
- Community-Based Fisheries
- Fair Access
- Fair Price
- Eating with the Ecosystem
- Traceable and Simple Supply Chains
- Catch and Handle with Honor
- Community and Ecosystem Based Fisheries Management
- Honoring the Ocean
- Creativity and Collaboration